NPR Special Series: Three families, living in multigenerational households, face difficult financial decisions surrounding elder care, paying for college and retirement.View this series on NPR.
Navigating The Holidays With Civility And Empathy
The unconventional holidays this year present new challenges for practicing empathy with loved ones, along with the perennial issues, like talking politics. We discuss how to navigate holiday conversations, and also check in with food banks in New Hampshire about their holiday plans, and opportunities for you to give back.
Air date: Monday, November 23, 2020 at 9 a.m.
- Cara Cargill - Mediator and facilitator who lives in NH. She is a NH Listens Fellow and Essential Partners Associate.
- Lizzie Post - Co-president at the Emily Post Institute in Burlington, VT, which has been America’s go-to source for etiquette advice since her great-great-grandmother Emily Post started writing on etiquette in 1922. Post is the co-host of the podcast Awesome Etiquette.
- Essential Partners created a four-part guide for talking about politics.
- Check out the Awesome Ettiquette Podcast, where listeners can submit etiquette questions for the hosts to answer.
- The Emily Post Institute offers a library of books, online and in-person training programs.