Lawmakers heard testimony Tuesday on a proposed constitutional amendment that would create an independent commission to draw boundaries for state elections. Current law leaves the responsibility of redistricting to the New Hampshire Legislature. Supporters of this measure say that allows for gerrymandering, or the ability of the majority party to draw boundary lines in its favor. Democratic State Rep. Ellen Read, a supporter of the measure, said she's mentioned limiting gerrymandering to...
- State Official Went Roaming Around Vermont To Test Cell Coverage Claims
- What Did 2.3 Million Gallons Of Molasses Do To Boston Harbor?
- Hampshire College Looking For ‘Long-Term Strategic Partner’
- Vermont Worries Dairy Insurance Program Will Be Affected If Shutdown Drags On
- Remembering The Great Boston Molasses Flood, 100 Years Later