The Debate Over N.H.'s Biomass Industry
We unravel the complicated debate over N.H.'s biomass industry. This spring, the governor vetoed two energy-related bills designed to subsidize the biomass industry and expand the state's net metering program. The governor says the bills would inflate already-high electric rates while supporters argue subsidies are crucial for the forest industry and renewable energy. The veto created an uproar and an effort is underway to overturn the vetoes on Sept. 13, the legislative "Veto Day."
- Marc Brown - Executive Director, New England Ratepayers Association.
- Mike Ewall - founder and director of Energy Justice Network, a national support network for grassroots community groups.
- Madeleine Mineau - Executive Director, N.H. Sustainable Energy Association.
- Annie Ropeik - NHPR environment reporter.
- Jasen Stock - Executive Director, N.H. Timberland Owners Association.