State Funding for HOPE for N.H. Recovery Put on Hold Pending Investigation
New Hampshire’s largest drug recovery organization, HOPE for New Hampshire Recovery, won’t be receiving more state funding, at least not for now.
On Wednesday the top official at New Hampshire’s Department of Health and Human Services announced that the state is holding off on a contract with HOPE, pending investigation.
State officials have received several complaints about HOPE. The complaints detail allegations of mismanaged funds and verbal abuse by high-up employees at the organization
Both the Department of Health and Human Services and the Attorney General’s Office are currently looking into these claims.
So far HOPE has received roughly half a million dollars in state funding and was likely to receive more next month. But D.H.H.S Commissioner Jeff Meyers announced Wednesday that won’t be the case.
“Given the allegations and given the investigation – I informed the Council and the Governor that we were going to hold that contract until the investigation was completed. I felt that was an appropriate action,” Meyers said Wednesday.
Meyers would not specify how much the contract was for but said it was for a “substantial amount.”
Meanwhile a top employee at HOPE who was directly referenced in the complaints has since left the organization.