Election Website: campaign.nhpr.orgPolling Locations
The First Primary: New Hampshire's Outsize Role in Presidential Politics
The New Hampshire presidential primary celebrates its 100th birthday next year, and a new book chronicles those many decades, including lots of primary lore. It also examines whether the first primary really has as much power over the nomination process as many believe it to.
This program was originally broadcast on 9/3/15.
- David Moore – policy fellow at the Carsey School of Public Policy and founding director of the UNH Survey Center. He was senior editor of the Gallup Poll and currently is an associate editor of the online journal Survey Practice.
- Andy Smith – associate professor of Practice in Political Science, and director of the UNH Survey Center
- From NHPR's Archives: Richard Upton, The Man Who Modernized The N.H. Primary
- From NHPR's archives: 1984 N.H. Primary Night Coverage
- NHPR report on the role of independent voters in this year's primary