Get out and play this weekend in New Hampshire, where the forecast (Sept. 27-29) calls for sunshine and highs in the 70s. Here are 10 things to do, plus some extras.
- Simone Porter plays Beethoven with the Great Bay Philharmonic Orchestra on Saturday, Sept. 28, at 8 p.m., at The Music Hall's historic theater in Portsmouth. Ticket info here.
- New England Roots Festival returns to Nashua for the fourth year on Saturday, Sept. 28. The music festival features country, bluegrass and American roots music in downtown Nashua, 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. More info here.
- Jodi Picoult speaks at the Newport Opera House on Saturday, Sept. 28, at 8 p.m. It's free. She is the
2019 Sarah Josepha Hale Award winner.
- Capital Arts Fest takes plays Sept. 27-29, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., in front of the HQ of the League of NH Craftsmen and Capitol Center for the Arts in downtown Concord. Event info.
- Barika performs at the Bank of New Hampshire Stage, presented by the Capitol Center for the Arts, on Friday, Sept. 27, at 8 p.m. Ticket info here.
- Portsmouth Maritime Folk Festival is Sept. 29-30, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., in Market Square. See the PMFFEST.org site for music schedules in this free event.
- Deerfield Fair is this weekend. The 143rd year begins Sept. 26 and runs through Sept. 29. Fair website here.
- Celtic Nights at the Bank of NH Stage on Sunday, Sept. 29. This free event is presented by the Capitol Center for the Arts in Concord, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. More info here.
- Everyone in Harmony, presented by North Country Chordsmen, performs at the Lebanon Opera House on Saturday, Sept. 28, at 7:30 p.m. Ticket info. And Còig, one of Atlantic Canada’s premier traditional music groups, plays the LOH on Thursday, Sept. 26, at 7:30 p.m.
- Hedy Lamarr Closeup: There's a live performance of "Tinseltown Inventor: The Most Beautiful Woman in the Wrold, Hedy Lamarr," on Friday, Sept. 27, at 7 p.m. at Warner Town Hall. This is presented by the N.H. Telephone Museum. Visit their website for more info.
- Delfeayo Marsalis with the Tall Granite Big Band play at Pitman's Freight Room in Laconia on Friday, Sept. 27, 8 p.m. More info here.
- Carolina Eyck, Theremin performs at The Bank of NH Stage, presented by the Capitol Center for the Arts, on Sunday, Sept. 29, at 8 p.m. More info here.
- Share the Square in Portsmouth's Market Square. A pilot project in Portsmouth will close downtown streets around Market Square on Sept. 29 and on Oct. 6, from noon until 5 p.m.