9 Things To Do in N.H. This Labor Day Weekend: Music, Running, BBQ, UFO Festival
Happy Labor Day Weekend. Here are nine (plus) things to do in New Hampshire this weekend to make sure it is, indeed, a happy one.
Visit the NHPR community calendar here for more events - and add your own.
- The Exeter UFO Festival is Aug. 31-Sept. 1 in downtown Exeter. This weekend marks the 54th anniversary of what's known as "The Incident at Exeter." Events include speakers. This is organized by the Exeter Area Kiwanis Club. Related: Radio Field Trip: Learning About UFOs in Exeter.
- Keene Music Festival is Saturday, starting at noon, in downtown Keene. More information here.
- The Sheepdogs perform in Portsmouth in the Prescott Park Arts Festival on Saturday, 7 p.m.
- A Day at the Farm: the Remick Country Doctor Museum & Farm has daily events, including family activities, historical games, and, of course, a tour of the farm.
- Bela Fleck & Abigail Washburn perform in Portsmouth's Prescott Park as part of the arts festival's concert series Sunday, 7 p.m.
- End of Summer Bash at Waterville Valley is Sunday, noon to 9 p.m.
- Run, walk, stroll Monday in the 13th annual Rail Trail Ramble for Headrest in Lebanon. It's the rail trail near the CCB Witherell Center.
- The 23rd Annual St. Charles 5K run is Monday at Martin's Point Healthcare at Pease in Portsmouth. 8 a.m. start. Here for more info.
- Run for The One, Rollins Park in Concord, on Monday, 8 a.m. More info here.
BONUS: Don't miss the Hopkinton State Fair, a Labor Day weekend tradition since 1915. It's a classic agricultural fair, including livestock exhibits, and truck and tractor pulls, and a demolition derby.
Watch Bela Fleck and Abigail Washburn play a live set in studio for NHPR's The Folk Show with Kate McNally: