The Exchange is working on a series of shows about workforce shortages in New Hampshire. New Hampshire boasts one of the nation’s lowest unemployment rates, but the state is also facing a serious workforce shortage.
The Exchange will spend several shows exploring how we got here, the sectors and regions most affected, and discussing possible solutions.
- What does New Hampshire need in order to attract, and maintain, a more robust workforce?
- Are you struggling to find qualified candidates to hire? What type of employees are you looking for?
- Are you having trouble finding a good job in New Hampshire? What are your requirements for a job (salary, location, benefits, professional development, etc)?
- What particular barriers to employment do you see in your industry (licensing, salary, education requirements, access to housing, citizenship requirements, criminal records)?
- What regional or demographic barriers to this problem do you see as an employer or an employee? (For example: rural/urban workforce challenges, older workers, workers with disabilities, workers with criminal records, etc.)
- What examples of good workforce recruitment have you seen?
- If you left the state or work outside of New Hampshire because you couldn't find a job here, why?
Submit your stories and questions below. You can also email email@example.com, or leave us a voicemail: 800-892-6477.