Apartment Building Fire Displaces Dozens in Concord
About 30 people, including four children, have been displaced after a fire ripped through their Concord apartment building Sunday evening.
The Concord Fire Department says a cigarette started the blaze, which damaged three or four apartments but then cut power off to the entire building, about 30 apartments.
Jennifer D'Entremont says it was close to midnight when she took her eight-year old son into the cold in their pajamas.
"I sort of turned back to look and sure enough there were flames under the apartment next to me. And when I looked again it just seemed to be going straight up the building."
No one was injured, but as of Monday afternoon crews were still trying to restore electricity ahead of Tuesday's expected blizzard. The Red Cross is helping people find temporary housing.