10 Things To Do In N.H. For The 4th Of July Weekend: Fireworks, Live Music, Theater
Happy birthday, America! There's a ton of stuff going on this Independence Day weekend, from fireworks to live music shows.
We've rounded up 10 things to do in New Hampshire to whet your appetite and inspire you to make the most of this summer. You can also find more events on NHPR's community calendar (and add your own).
- Fireworks over Jackson Village Park on Friday, July 2, at approximately 9 p.m. More info.
- David Nail plays at the Lakeport Opera House in Laconia on Friday, July 2, at 8 p.m. More info.
- Frederick Douglass Statewide Community Readings - What To The Slave Is Your Fourth of July? Presented by the Black Heritage Trail of New Hampshire, with support from the N.H. Charitable Foundation, on Saturday, July 3. Readings will be held in 12 communities. Learn more.
- The Fisher Cats play at home this weekend, taking on the Portland Seadogs, and they’ll have fireworks after the games Friday, Saturday and Sunday. More info.
- Manchester Independence Day Celebration - Monday, July 5th, at Arms Park, fireworks due at about 9:30 p.m. (Updated). More info.
- Portsmouth Fireworks on Monday, July 5, at Leary Field. More info. Update: moved to Monday rain date.
- Fireworks July 4th in Concord - Memorial Field opens at 6 p.m., fireworks expected at 9:20 p.m. July 5th is rain date. More info.
- Dover fireworks are July 4th from Garrison Hill. More info.
- Fireworks July 4th in Nashua - Holman Stadium. Doors open at 5 p.m. Fireworks expected at 9 p.m.
- Fireworks Sunday, July 4th, at Hampton Beach. More info.
(WMUR has a good break-out of fireworks by community. NOTE: The N.H.State Fire Marshal's office has an updated 2021 list of permissable fireworks by community.)
- BTW: Will super human competitive eater Joey Chestnut win the 2021 Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest for a sixth time in a row? That contest will be televised, and it kicks off at noon on Sunday, July 4.
- Soul Rebel Project plays at The Music Hall in Portsmouth on Saturday, July 3. More info.
- Little Red Riding Hood - Summer Children’s Theater - at the Claremont Opera House, Monday, July 5. More info.