Sizing Up Civics Education / A Look At N.H.'s Voting Bills
A bill proposed by fourth graders from Hampton falls was harshly debated and defeated in the legislature last month, leading to some late-night satire but also a conversation about the best way to get students involved in the democratic process. We’ll look at that and also examine bills this year addressing voter requirements.
GUESTS, VOTER REQUIREMENTS:
- Garry Rayno – Statehouse reporter for The Union Leader and New Hampshire Sunday News
- David Scanlan – New Hampshire's Deputy Secretary of State
GUESTS, CIVICS EDUCATION IN NEW HAMPSHIRE:
- Rik Stevens – northern New England correspondent for the Associated Press
- Andrea Cameron – fourth grade classroom teacher at Canterbury Elementary School.
- Dave Alcox – social studies teacher at Milford High School. He teaches the ‘We the People’ class for juniors and seniors.