Why is it so difficult for a woman of color to find a good haircut in New Hampshire?
Courtney Marshall returns to the show with a problem: where can she get her hair done? We investigate the hair scene for people of color in the Granite State. Plus, spoils from the annual Gilsum Rock Swap.
- Roslyn K. Chavda's journey to embracing her natural hair
- Lori Tharps, co-author of Hair Story, on the history of black hair from 15th century West Africa to today
- Keene Beauty Academy owner Jeanne Chappell on what students learn in beauty school
- New Hampshire schools that bring in barbers and stylists from other states for their students
- For #OnlyinNH, Courtney Marshall goes salon shopping in Exeter
- Stories and rocks from the annual Gilsum Rock Swap
[Correction: the original version of this story incorrectly stated that Jeanne Chappell was the owner of Keene Beauty School. She is the owner of Keene Beauty Academy.]