WebHeader_Grove.jpg
Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
Available On Air Stations
Become a sustaining member today for your chance to win two season ski passes to the NH ski resort of your choice.
NH News
News from everywhere *but* Central New Hampshire.

Officials: Faulty Pipes Led To Conway Explosion

Fire officials say piping work that didn't comply with building codes led to a propane gas explosion inside a house in Conway, N.H.

Conway Fire Chief Stephen Solomon tells WMWV-FM the source of the problem was most likely the home's hot water heater.

The house has been condemned and will be torn down Wednesday.

Meanwhile, the condition of the homeowner, identified as 53-year-old Philip Murphy, appears to have worsened. He was listed in serious condition at Maine Medical Center in Portland on Wednesday morning. On Tuesday, he was in fair condition.

He had smelled gas at the home Monday afternoon and opened the door when the explosion happened in the basement.

Related Content