What to Expect on the Trails This Summer
With Memorial Day coming up, New Hampshire kicks off the summer season. Last summer, many trails were overcrowded as outdoor enthusiasts and newcomers took advantage of the Granite State’s natural resources. What lessons can we take from that experience and what do we expect this summer? We discuss how we can balance sharing the trails with all those who want to use them, and also promote stewardship of our natural resources.
Airdate: Tuesday, May 25, 2021
- Amy Bassett - Deputy Director of N.H. Division of Travel and Tourism, Department of Business and Economic Affairs.
- Yohann Hanley - Project Manager, White Mountain Trail Collective.
- Chris Thayer -AMC Director of Government Contracts and Partner Relations. A NH resident and longtime hiker, he’s worked with the AMC for thirty years.
The Leave No Trace Seven Principles
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Visitors
© 1999 by the Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics.