• Check out our list of New Hampshire museums, galleries, performance venues & independent bookstores, sorted by region.• You can also find art exhibits, book readings, live music and more on our Public Events Calendar.
14 Things To Do in N.H. This Weekend: Dog Film Fest, Farm to Fork, Live Music
Mark your calendars for some summer fun and nightlife this weekend with these 14 plus things to do in New Hampshire. And visit NHPR's community calendar for more events and ideas.
- The N.Y. Dog Film Festival is at The Music Hall on Friday, Aug. 9, 7 p.m. This double feature of animated, documentary and narrative short films, benefits local animal welfare groups. More information here.
- At the Capital Center for the Arts: Supernothing & Dopamine play Friday at 8 p.m. on the Bank of New Hampshire Stage in Concord. This is locally-sourced Reggae and rock music.
- Sam Amidon plays at The Loft, the performance venue of The Music Hall that’s located a short distance away at 131 Congress St., Portsmouth, on Friday, Aug. 9, 8 p.m. Courtney Hartman is opening.
- The Cochecho Arts Festival Headliner Series is Friday night at Henry Law Park. The performance is scheduled for 6 p.m. with the Houston Bernard Band, with Blue Heartache as the opening act. Full Cochecho Arts Fest schedule.
- "Catch Me If You Can" is now on stage at the New London Barn Playhouse. The show goes until Aug. 18. Time and ticket info.
- Circus Smirkus 2019 Big Top New England Tour stops by The Nick in Wolfeboro on Aug. 11, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Here for more info.
- Parsonsfield performs Saturday, Aug. 10, at 8 p.m. at the Bank of NH stage, presented by the Capital Center for the Arts. Indie roots rock music.
- Galactic performs at the Prescott Park Arts Festival, with special guest Peter More. The show begins at 7 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 10.
- Prescott Park hosts the Tommy Gallant Jazz Festival XXIV on Sunday, Aug. 11, at noon. The lineup includes: Seacoast Big Band at noon, followed by: Soggy Po Boys, Press Room Trio with Humphrey/Haas, and Donna Byrne and Marshall Wood Quartet.
- La Cite Ecologique of NH is hosting the first N.H. Farm to Fork Festival in Colebrook on Saturday, Aug. 10, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. There'll be tastings, beers from local brewery, live music, and presentations. Here for more info on this local food networking event, via VisitNH.
- 3S Artspace welcomes Julie Rhodes to its Loading Dock Concert Series on Friday, Aug. 9, 7-9 p.m.
- The 86th Annual League of N.H. Craftsmen's Fair continues through Sunday, Aug. 11, at Mount Sunapee Resort in Newbury, N.H.
- The Bank of New Hampshire Pavilion this Sunday, Aug. 11, features Alice Cooper/ Halestorm.
- Catch the 27th Annual Lincoln Summer Craft Festival along Main Street in Lincoln on Saturday and Sunday.