Word Of Mouth: 2.15.14
Valentine's Day may be over, but Word of Mouth is still in the mood. We poured all the love we have to offer into our Saturday show. Listen to the full show and read more about each segment below.
- Technology’s impact on modern love features heavily in Jones’ new book “Love Illuminated: Exploring Life’s Most Mystifying Subject with the Help of 50,000 Strangers”.WOM02132014A.mp3The intersection of 'modern love' and technology
- Sean Hurley spoke with Lance Keene, the man who is building a castle modeled after Searles Castle on the side of a cliff in Thornton.WOM02122014C_.mp3Sean Hurley's Tale of Two Castles
- What makes for a chart-topping hit? Love or heartbreak? Joining us is a man with some stats, Joe Levy, editorial director of Billboard. We'll also reveal the winner of our highly contentious 'Love is a Battlefield' bracket.WOM02152014charts.mp3Love songs versus heartbreak songs: who will win?
Word of Mouth's Love Song Attempt
- Word of mouth thought it would be fun to compose a love song composed only of chart-topping lyrical clichés – but it didn't turn out quite how we hoped...LOVE_SONG_WEB_VERSION.mp3The story of how our failed love song was created in full detail
- Adee Braun wrote an article about Sylvester Graham in The Atlantic. The inventor of the graham cracker had some radical ideas about diet and sexual urges.WOM02152015gram.mp3The unlikely origin of the graham cracker
Taylor Quimby's At-home Date Night
- Why not have a date night from the comfort of home? Producer Taylor Quimby and his wife discovered a way to enjoy the both of best worlds… maybe.PLATED_FINAL_MIXDOWN.mp3Taylor and Tiffany's date-night with "Plated"