New Hampshire Economic News Roundup: Inflation, Consumer Debt & Rural Slowdown
We examine several key indicators and their impact on the Granite state. One is rising inflation. Another is consumer debt: Americans are spending more, but we're also borrowing -- to the tune of nearly one trillion dollars. Also, a new report finds a worrisome trend: business formation in small towns and rural counties has dropped dramatically.
- Jeff Feingold, editor of New Hampshire Business Review
- Steve Norton, executive director of the New Hampshire Center for Public Policy Studies
- Russ Thibeault, president of Applied Economic Research, an economic and real estate consulting firm in Laconia
- Read the Wall Street Journal article on credit card debt
- More on New Hampshire Bank Mergers from NHBR
- Learn about the national slowdown in rural startups