5 Things (Plus) To Do This Weekend in New Hampshire
A classic autumn weekend is on tap in New Hampshire. Here are 5 things to do to make the most of it ... plus some additional ideas for fun and entertainment.
Visit NHPR's community calendar for more events and activities. (And add your own.)
- Capital Arts Fest: The League of NH Craftsmen presents this weekend-long celebration of arts and crafts, which also doubles to show-off the revitalized South Main Street in Concord. It runs 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Deerfield Fair: "New England's oldest family fair" is 142 years old. It runs through Sunday.
- Radio Drama on Stage: The Winnipesaukee Playhouse Winni Players Community Theatre presents a radio drama double feature: Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne, and The Lost World by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Saturday night's show is at 7:30. More information here.
- Suitcase Stories: Refugees who have come to New Hampshire will share their personal experiences during this special event Sunday at the Palace Theatre in Manchester. NHPR's Peter Biello is host. Tickets here.
- Symphony NH: Catch some Grammy-award-winning musicians at the Symphony NH, Concord City Auditorium, on Sunday, with Mark and Maggie O'Connor. Scott Parkman is guest conductor. The performance is at 3 p.m. (SCROLL DOWN for a related music video.)
Plus some extras:
- Take a Hike: This weekend's weather forecast looks perfect for hiking in New Hampshire, whether it's the foot hills or the White Mountains. Check the AMC's lodging-and-cabin-availability here.
- Art at Labelle Winery: Catch a Sunday Art Talk at the LaBelle Winery in Amherst with Master Photographer Jeffrey Dachowski. Details: 1 p.m. reception and check-in, with the talk beginning at 1:15 p.m. Walk-ins welcome.
- Live at The Hive: Adam and The Flood Live at the Hive, at The Hannah Grimes Center in Keene, on Saturday. Presented by Machina Arts, this is 8 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. 21+, with $10 cover charge.
- Chili Challenge: Waterville Valley has the 7th fall Rally in the Valley and its 20th annual Chili Challenge & Brews on Saturday.