• Check out our list of New Hampshire museums, galleries, performance venues & independent bookstores, sorted by region.• You can also find art exhibits, book readings, live music and more on our Public Events Calendar.
5 Cool Things (Plus) To Do in N.H. This Weekend
Soak up summer in New Hampshire in all its glory with a get-away, the arts, the eats, or some live music. Here is a primer of some of the entertainment and to-do options this weekend.
- Daby Touré performs at the Capitol Center for the Arts, Bank of NH Stage, on Friday, July 26, at 8 p.m. Here for tickets. And CCANH's Chubb Theatre is the venue for Shrek the Musical, including a 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. show Saturday, July 27.
- Grammy Award-winning Warren Haynes plays at the Prescott Park Arts Festival in Portsmouth on Saturday, July 27, at 7 p.m. Bonus: The PPAF is hosting "Tacos & Tequila" at Henry Law Park in Dover on Saturday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.--and there's live music over in Dover, too, with Harsh Armadillo playing some funk-hop music. Click here for more info on the Dover event.
- The 61st Canterbury Fair has arrived: The annual "volunteer-run celebration of small-town community" runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, July 27. Fair includes artisans and craftspeople, food, children's games, Morris dancing, live music, and an antique tractor display. See Canterbury Fair for more.
- Catch Shakespeare in Greeley Park in Nashua. The free performance of Much Ado About Nothing is scheduled Saturday, July 27, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. See the Nashua Theatre Guild for more information--Much Ado About Nothing is also in the park on July 28, and again Aug. 3 and Aug. 4.
- Kingston Celebrates Its 17th Century Beginnings: The town of Kingston is throwing itself a 325th birthday party, and it starts this weekend and events stretch through next weekend. Museum exhibits, amusements, live msuic, and a pie-eating contest are just a fraction of the activities on their calendar. Check it out at Kingston 325th.
- "Tell me about it, Stud": "Grease" is at the New London Barn Playhouse through Aug. 4.
- Lamont Gallery Pop-up Exhibition: Monsieur Degas at Exeter. The Lamont Gallery, 11 Tan Lane in Exeter, has the famous Rearing Horse sculpture by Edgar Degas on view through the fall.
- And the town of Northwood has its Bean Hole Bash this weekend. It's their version of "Old Home Day."