N.H. This Weekend: Hot And Cold
Hippo Editor Amy Diaz joins Morning Edition to discuss some of the activities in store for the hot and steamy Valentine's Weekend, which forecasters predict will be anything but hot or steamy.
Lets embrace the cold...
- Portsmouth is holding its annual Fire & Ice Festival, running Thursday through Monday. The weekend features cocktail competition, an ice sculpture demonstration, dog sled rides and more.
- This Saturday from 12-3 is Winterfestin Holderness. They have skating, sledding and winter mini-golf. But don't worry, there's also a bonfire with hot cocoa and an indoor chili fest.
- And if you are thinking you need a little more cold in your life, check out this ice fishingclass at the New Hampshire Audubon.
Warm up with some romance...
- The latest edition of the New Hampshire Pulp Fiction series is out: Love Free or Die. And, as luck would have it, there's a meet-the-authors event at the Portsmouth Public Library on Valentines Day from 2-4.
- The Currier Museum of Art in Manchester will be hosting a special event on Valentine's at 3:30 called a "Love Tour" which shows visitors pieces of art with romantic subject matter or romantic back-stories. It also has a new exhibit on 1970s Photorealism.