Special Coverage: The 2016 Republican National Convention
NHPR's Senior Political Reporter Josh Rogers is reporting this week from the Republican National Convention in Cleveland.
NPR also has a team of reporters on the ground.
Check this page frequently for updates, stories, photos, and to listen to live streaming coverage from the convention presented by NPR.
Click here for the live stream, which will broadcast coverage each day from 8 PM to 11 PM EST.
Stories by Josh Rogers & NHPR:
- New Hampshire Delegates Downplay #NeverTrump, Embrace Social Side of Convention
- Politicking for Ayotte Deemed "Inappopriate" by Some in N.H. Delegation
- Despite Past Criticism, NH GOP Chair Has No Reservations About Trump
- Despite Jitters Over Guns, A Celebratory Mood As The RNC Opens In Cleveland
- FACT CHECK - Night One of the RNC
- Bouquets and Brickbats from Opening Night at Trump's Convention
- Trump Campaign Says Melania's Words Were Her Own
- Night Two Convention Speakers Hammer Clinton
Resources & Links:
- The RNC 2016 GOP Convention website
- View the 2016 Order of Business
- Who's representing N.H. at the convention?
- Follow Josh Rogers' tweets from the convention
<strong><strong>Live Stream Coverage </strong></strong>
Click the link below between 8 -11 PM EST during the convention to hear NPR's live coverage from Cleveland. Live coverage will also broadcast on NHPR stations.
Who's Repping New Hampshire at the Convention?
by Casey McDermott
Candidates (even those who placed in the New Hampshire primary but have since dropped out of the GOP nomination race, like Jeb Bush) get to select a slate of delegates to represent them at the convention.
Related: Click here for Casey's full story on New Hampshire's delegations to both party conventions.
Those delegates are awarded proportionally based on the results of the primary: Donald Trump has 11, John Kasich has four, Ted Cruz and Jeb Bush each have three, and Marco Rubio has two. (Each candidate also gets a matching number of alternates.)
The full rundown of those delegates includes a mix of state lawmakers, local campaign strategists and grassroots volunteers. Included among the Trump delegates selected for New Hampshire is his own campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski, who hails from Windham and was active in local Republican politics before joining the Trump team.
Related: Click here for Josh Rogers' rundown on the high-profile N.H. Republicans who *won't* be at the convention
The full list of Republican delegates can be found in this document, from the Secretary of State’s website.
#RNCinCLE - Follow Josh on Twitter
If you're on Twitter, you can follow NHPR's Josh Rogers @JoshRogersNHPR.
Not a tweeter? Check out his feed right here: