5 Things (Plus) To Do This Weekend in New Hampshire
Nice weather this weekend opens up a world of possibilities in New Hampshire, from the coast to the White Mountains and beyond. Here are five things to do—plus a little extra. For additional ideas, check out NHPR’s community calendar (and contribute your events).
- Celebration of Lupines. It's that time of year in Franconia, Sugar Hill and vicinity. This is the 25th annual Celebration of Lupines. The schedule includes horse-drawn wagon rides, an official Pollyanna Glad Daycelebration, and some spectacular views of Cannon Mountain and Mount Lafayette.
- PollyAnna Glad Day in Littleton: Littleton celebrates the novelist's Eleanor Porter's 150th birthday (she was born in Littleton.)
- Market Square Day: Saturday is the annualPro Portsmouth event, which features just about everything: food, entertainment, vendors galore. This tradition was first started in 1978 - and it's huge.
- Soak Up History: The Sankofa Guided Walking Tourfeatures the historical and culture roots of the early African Community in Portsmouth dating back to the early 17th Century.
- New Castle Village and Garden Tour: Presented by Pontine Theatre, this self-guided tour beings at the Coast Guard station. See Pontine.org for tickets.
Bonus A&E ...
- The Buzz: Pollinator Possibilities Beekeeping Workshop in Gilsum.
And remember, it's that time of the year: Motorcycles Are Everywhere: The 95th annual Laconia Motorcycle Week is now off and rolling. It runs through June 17.
(Click and check links to confirm all event information, including opening times and costs - if any.)