Whether remote, hybrid, or in person, back-to-school is a bit more complicated for students with additional needs. We talk with educators and families about how back to school is going for them, as they adapt special education services for the new school normal.
Air date: Wednesday, September 16, 2020.
- Lisa Beaudoin - Executive Director of ABLE New Hampshire, an advocacy organization for people with disabilities. She is also the chair of the State Advisory Committee for the Education of Children with Special Needs.
- Bonnie Dunham - Special Education Law and Policy Specialist for the Parent Information Center.
- Sarah Gibson - NHPR's education reporter.
- Benjamin Nester - Director of Special Education for the Claremont School District.
- Heidi Hines - Special education teacher and union president for the John Stark Support Personnel Association.
The Disability Rights Center provides information, advice, and legal representation in several areas involving children's education including special education. Parents who have concerns about a child’s access to Special Education services can contact us at 603-228-0432 or email@example.com to speak with an attorney free of charge.