Before the COVID-19 pandemic, climate change seemed to have captured global attention. Today marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, celebrated amid a global pandemic and stay-at-home orders. How has COVID-19 changed things for climate activists and policymakers - and what do these two global crises have in common, here in New Hampshire and beyond?
Airdate: Wednesday, April 22, 2020
- Erich Osterberg - Associate Professor of Earth Sciences at Dartmouth College.
- Shannon Jackson - 350 New Hampshire Youth Convening & Accountability Lead and a senior from Nottingham at Coe-Brown Academy.
- Kai Parlett - 350 New Hampshire Absorption & Recruitment Fellow, and a senior from Randolph at the Holderness School.
- Annie Ropeik: NHPR Environment Reporter.
- Roger Stephenson - Union of Concerned Scientists, Northeast Regional Advocacy Director.
- Lilly Tague-Bleau - 350 New Hampshire Youth Action Lead, and a sophomore at Manchester Central High School.