Play Live Radio
Next Up:
Available On Air Stations
Make a gift to NHPR and have a Valentine's message to a loved one read on air!
NH News

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Claims Three In Plaistow

New Hampshire's fire marshal says three people have died because of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fire Marshal William Degnan says a fourth person was taken to Massachusetts General Hospital after firefighters were called to the Plaistow home at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday.

Degnan says the home had a carbon monoxide detector but it didn't have batteries. He says the investigation is focused on the furnace.

All the victims were adults.

Degnan said the victims' identities won't be released until the family has been notified.

The deaths came at the beginning of another winter storm that raced through the state.