Play Live Radio
Next Up:
0:00
0:00
0:00 0:00
Available On Air Stations
Support NHPR's local journalism that brings clarity, context, and community!

Popular ale house catches fire in NH college town

Michael Brindley
/
NHPR

KEENE, N.H. (AP) — Three people were hospitalized in a New Hampshire college town when a popular ale house caught fire.

The five-alarm fire broke out at Cobblestone Ale House in Keene on Saturday night. Three people, including two firefighters were taken to the hospital as a result of the blaze, WMUR-TV reported. They were later released.

Authorities closed the area around the business on Sunday morning because of the fire. The owner of the ale house said it was fortunate the fire did not happen on a spring night when the bar would have been more crowded.

Firefighters determined it was a grease fire that happened after a fryolator exploded.

Related Content

You make NHPR possible.

NHPR is nonprofit and independent. We rely on readers like you to support the local, national, and international coverage on this website. Your support makes this news available to everyone.

Give today. A monthly donation of $5 makes a real difference.