Across New Hampshire, hospitals have been combining forces, with one another and with larger healthcare networks. This is part of a larger national trend of hospitals teaming up. We look at what is driving these mergers, and the impact on patients and the larger community.
- Steve Ahnen - President of the New Hampshire Hospital Association, which advocates for the state's acute care and specialty hospitals.
- Jody Hoffer Gittell - Professor of Management at the Brandeis University's Heller School for Social Policy and Management, and incoming Chair for the New Hampshire Endowment for Health.
- Lucy Hodder - Professor at UNH Law, and Director of Health Law and Policy at the school's Institute for Health Policy and Practice
We'll also hear from:
- Dr. David Cutler - Health economist at Harvard and committee chair of Market Oversight and Transparency for the Massachusetts Health Policy Commission.
- John Kacavas - General Counsel and Chief Legal Officer for Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center.
- Robert Steigmeyer - President and CEO of Concord Hospital.
"Mergers key to community hospitals' survival," from Fosters Daily Democrat.
"As N.H. hospitals combine forces, some wonder if more state oversight is needed," from the Concord Monitor.