The N.H. News Recap for March 25, 2022: BA.2 and new redistricting maps
Lawmakers continue their work on redrawing the state’s election maps. Gov. Chris Sununu proposed a map of his own this week. And COVID hospitalizations continue dropping here in New Hampshire but state officials have also detected a new COVID variant. What does that mean for this current phase of the pandemic?
We have all those stories and more on this edition of the New Hampshire News Recap.
- Alli Fam, NHPR
- Josh Rogers, NHPR
Top stories from New Hampshire this week
- He built New Hampshire’s largest addiction treatment network. Now, he faces accusations of sexual misconduct.
- Sununu calls allegations against Spofford ‘serious,’ says they should be investigated
- Culturally responsive training aims to help N.H. mental health workers, institutions care for diverse populations
- For Portsmouth chef David Varga, ‘Vida Cantina’ is more than just a restaurant. It’s a platform for local BIPOC communities.
- Compromise still unclear on N.H.’s congressional redistricting process
- N.H. COVID hospitalizations lowest in 8 months
- Trial for fossil fuel protesters begins in Concord
- N.H. communities contend with mud season unlike any in recent memory