For more, visit the StateImpact NH website.StateImpact Reporters Amanda Loder and Emily Corwin travel the state to report on how business and economic issues affect you. Read reports and listen to her on NPR member stations.StateImpact New Hampshire is a collaboration of New Hampshire Public Radio and NPR.
This Week's Essential StateImpact
- Five Reasons Why Angel Investors (Think “Shark Tank”) Matter To The Economy: Our top post this week breaks down a new report from the University of New Hampshire explaining why this high-powered, super-secretive investment market is a key part of the national economy.
- What A Canadian Newspaper Reports About Hydro-Quebec (And Northern Pass): Normally, we break down what New Hampshire news outlets are reporting about this controversial project. Now, we get Hydro-Quebec’s perspective, courtesy of the Montreal Gazette.
- (Mega-Big Mega Millions Jackpot Aside) When It Comes To The Lotto, A Lot Of “Suckers” Live In New England: An in-depth look not only at Bloomberg’s “Sucker Index,” which rates states according to ticket sales and prize pay-outs, but at how much on average New Englanders spend on the lotto.
- Why The Mega Millions Jackpot Is Extra-Important For New Hampshire: One of our most popular series of posts is our look at how New Hampshire’s lottery is struggling in the face of competition from Massachusetts. So we re-posted in honor of the Mega Millions frenzy.
- Executive Council Mulls Massive Medicaid Contract: NHPR’s Dan Gorenstein breaks down the big questions surrounding the biggest contract in state history.
Copyright 2021 StateImpact New Hampshire. To see more, visit StateImpact New Hampshire.