The Presidential Nominating Process: What's the Role of Superdelegates?
Although Bernie Sanders won New Hampshire's primary by a landslide, he lags behind on so-called super delegates, who have already committed to Clinton. That raises questions among some about just how democratic the Democratic party is. Meanwhile, the Republican party has its own nominating process -- and challenges.
- Chris Galdieri, assistant professor of politics at Saint Anselm College, specializing in presidential politics.
- Ken Rudin, host of The Political Junkie, a weekly radio show covering national, state, and local politics. He is an expert in U.S. politics and campaign history, and a former NPR political editor.
- Daniel Strauss, Politics Reporter for Politico. He previously covered campaigns and elections for Talking Points Memo and was a breaking news reporter for The Hill newspaper.
- Ray Buckley, chair of the NH Democratic Party
- Jennifer Horn, chair of the NH Republican Party