As coronavirus cases increase in states across the country, New Hampshire has also seen an alarming surge in cases. We examine what may be contributing to this surge, including smaller gatherings that lead to community-wide spread, and we get an update on how schools are coping with Covid-19 positive cases. Nursing homes, which have borne the brunt of this pandemic, have also been experiencing a resurgence of outbreaks; we talk with InDepthNH.org about their recent series on the challenges facing nursing homes in this state. And we get an update on voting-related issues, with the election just about a week away.
Air date: Friday, Oct. 23, 2020
- Paul G. Bergeron - Hillsborough County Commissioner, District 2, which includes Hudson, Litchfield, Nashua, and Pelham.
- David Brooks - Reporter for The Concord Monitor and blogger at The Granite Geek, a column covering science and technology. He has also been tracking COVID-19 cases in New Hampshire for The Monitor.
- Sarah Gibson - NHPR's education reporter. Read NHPR coverage of the coronavirus and education here.
- Casey McDermott - NHPR's Investigative Data Reporter. For information and guidance on voting, visit here. In addition to covering voting issues, Casey has also done extensive coverage of long-term care facilities, delving into data on nursing homes and COVID-19 and health deficiencies at N.H. nursing homes.
- Nancy West - Executive editor of InDepthNH.org, a news web site published by the New Hampshire Center for Public Interest Journalism. Read the recent week-long special series on nursing homes in New Hampshire by InDepthNH.org here. As reported by InDepthNH.org, this week, a special legislative commitee charged with examining the crisis in the state's nursing homes during the pandemic released 15 recommendations for Governor Sununu to consider.