How the N.H. Legislature will conduct its business continues to be a point of contention for lawmakers, after Democrats filed a lawsuit to allow legislators with serious health issues to attend next week’s house session remotely. We also discuss how the “covid effect” is impacting school budget funding, and the latest spike in cases on university campuses across the state.
Air date: Friday, February 19, 2021.
- Sarah Gibson - NHPR's education and demographics reporter. Check out her reporting on school budget season in a pandemic, and how educators are turning to DCYF to check in on students.
- Josh Rogers - NHPR's senior reporter covering politics. Read his reporting on the lawsuit by Democratic legislators to allow remote Statehouse sessions, and Governor Sununu's proposed tax cuts.
- Casey McDermott - NHPR's investigative and data reporter and editor. She helps manage NHPR's COVID-19 data tracking.
- Chief Paul Dean - Chief of Police and Associate VP for Public Safety and Risk Management at the University of New Hampshire.
- Todd Selig - Administrator for the town of Durham.
This show was produced by Christina Phillips.