Christie Talks Recovery At Manchester Rehab Center

May 7, 2015

Credit josh rogers/nhpr

Chris Christie’s first stop was the Farnum Center drug and alcohol treatment facility in Manchester. He stressed addition can affect anyone, and that recovery is possible.

"I just believe everybody deserves a second chance, that everybody deserves to understand that this is treatable."

Whether the same goes for Christie's political fortunes remains to be seen.

The NJ Governor was once widely seen as a 2016 frontrunner, but he’s been sliding in polls nationally and in NH, a state expected to be crucial for him should he run.

Christie told reporters it’s premature to write him off  -- or to suggest he needs to change his approach based on early polls.

"No,  I don’t think there is any indication at all. I think the poll you are talking about said 5 percent of the people in the poll had made up their mind. So I’m happy to work on the other 95 percent."

Christie's schedule on his two-day trip included a speech at the Cheshire County GOP’s Lincoln Day dinner, a visit to an Amherst diner and a town hall meeting at a pub in Dover.