Farms across New Hampshire are offering up wagons of fresh fruits and vegetables, and agricultural fair time is here. Here are 5 things to do this weekend in New Hampshire, starting with one of those fairs, and moving on to some live music shows (Watch Sweet Crude's video, Mon Esprit, at the end of this post.)
Check out the NHPR Community Calendar for more events, music shows, and trip ideas.
Kate McNally hosts The Folk Show on Sundays at 7 p.m. She curates a folk music and dance calendar, too.
- Cornish Fair: The 2018 theme is the Iconic Stonewalls of Cornish. Make your trip to the Cornish Fair a two-fer, and visit Saint-Gaudens, a National Historic site, also located in Cornish. The fair is Aug. 17-19.
- Art Show: The 65th Greeley Park Art Show is a two-day event, organized by the Nashua Area Artists Association.
- Newsies: Newsies, the Broadway Musical, is being performed at the New London Barn Playhouse. See the Playhouse website for show times and ticket info.
- Chili Fest: Pats Peak Ski Area in Henniker is the scene for the "Fire On The Mountain Chili Fest" on Sunday, noon to 4:30 p.m. This is presented by the Henniker Rotary Club. See here for more info. If you're in Henniker, see the Henniker Brewing Co.'s site for its tasting room hours.
- Seu Jorge: The Music Hall in Portsmouth presents Seu Jorge on Saturday night at 8. Tickets via the Music Hall.
Plus, some additional entertainment ideas this weekend:
- Live Music: Sweet Crude is playing Saturday night at 3S Artspace in Portsmouth. It's 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Tickets at 3S Artspace.
- Flying Monkey: The Flying Monkey in Plymouth has its "Yellow Submarine" film series. Catch a show this weekend. Yeah, it's a Beatles thing.
- Bargain Hunters: The St. George Annual Indoor Yard Sale is Saturday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., in Keene.
Listen to a Sweet Crude track here: