10 things to do in NH this weekend: Mardi Gras Party, Alton Winter Carnival & more
Fight those winter blues with our suggestions for art, music, outdoor activities and more.
Stay in the know about weekend happenings in the Granite State: Sign up for the Weekender newsletter.
For even more events, visit NHPR's community calendar. And don't forget to check the New Hampshire forecast before you head out.
- Creative Writing at the Museum of Art on Thursday, Feb. 16 from 5 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. at the University of New Hampshire Museum of Art in Durham. More info.
- Hood Museum of Art Winter Opening on Thursday, Feb. 16 from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the Dartmouth College Campus in Hanover. More info.
See also: Curator’s Tours at the Currier Museum of Art, Film Premiere - An Artful Life
- Local Author Talk: This Land of Snow by Anders Morley on Thursday, Feb. 16 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at the Laconia Public Library. More info.
- Virtual Event: Elissa R Sloan - Hayley Aldridge Is Still Here on Thursday, Feb. 16 at 7 p.m., online, hosted by Gibson's Bookstore in Concord. More info.
- Environmental Trivia: Ledge Brewing on Friday, Feb. 17 from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Ledge Brewing in Intervale. More info.
- Natural History and Tracking of the River Otter on Saturday, Feb. 18 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Harris Center for Conservation Education in Hancock. More info.
- Mardi Gras Party w/ Folksoul Band & Point Noire Cajun Band! on Saturday, Feb. 18 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Brewbakers Cafe in Keene. More info.
- Alton Winter Carnival on Sunday, Feb. 19 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at various locations in Alton. More info.
- "Beyond Forty Acres": Land Ownership, and Black Wealth on Sunday, Feb. 19 at 2 p.m. at the Portsmouth Public Library and online. More info.
Next week’s discussion: "Shades of Black": Connected by Color, Culture, & Community
- Keene Chamber Orchestra: Explorations in Music on Sunday, Feb. 19 from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Keene Public Library. More info.
See also: New Hampshire Philharmonic presents "Winter Serenities"
- HopStop: Patin Libre Dancing on Ice on Saturday, Feb. 18 at 11 a.m. at Norwich Green in Norwich, VT, hosted by the Hopkins Center for the Arts at Dartmouth. More info.