N.H. News Recap For Aug. 27, 2021: Police Accountability, State Begins Redistricting
It's the last week of August in New Hampshire. It's hot. Governor Chris Sununu signed several bills this week, including a few regarding the recommendations put forward by LEACT, a statewide commission on police accountability and transparency.
Meanwhile, a special New Hampshire House committee met to being the process of redrawing lines on election maps. We review those stories and other top news from the Granite State.
- Mary McIntyre, NHPR
- Anna Brown, Citizens Count
Top Stories From NHPR:
- Gov. Sununu Signs Police Accountability Bills Into Law
- Redistricting in N.H.: What You Need To Know
- Sen. Shaheen Calls For Extension On Withdrawal From Afghanistan
- Gov. Sununu Signs Net Energy Metering Expansion For Towns, Breaking Three-Year Logjam
- AG Clears 6 SWAT Team Members of Criminal Charges After Killing Man Following Claremont Standoff