Giving 'The Peanuts Movie' A New Sound
“The Peanuts Movie” opens in theaters tomorrow. For those who’ve watched the dozens of TV specials over the years, the movie has a new look – it’s a 3D computer-animated film.
The movie also has a new sound: Christophe Beck composed the score.
How hard was it for Beck to follow in the footsteps of longtime “Peanuts” composer Vince Guaraldi? And how will his often lush orchestral sound appeal to kids who are more used to pop music?
Here & Now’s Jeremy Hobson talks with “The Peanuts Movie” composer.
Music In This Segment
- Christophe Beck, “Curse You Red Baron”
- Christophe Beck, “Fifi’s Theme”
- Vince Guaraldi, “Linus and Lucy”
- Christophe Beck, “Carnival Panic/Linus and Lucy”
- Vince Guaraldi, “Skating”
- Christophe Beck and Leo Birenberg, “Skating”
- Christophe Beck and Leo Birenberg, “Linus and Lucy”
- Christophe Beck, “Winter Becomes Spring”
- Christophe Beck, composer for films and TV shows, including the score for “The Peanuts Movie.” He tweets @CBeckOfficial.
Copyright 2021 NPR. To see more, visit https://www.npr.org.