The Year In Tech: Net Neutrality, Hollywood Hacks, Wearables
As we head into 2015, it seems all eyes in the tech world are on North Korea and the hack on Sony Pictures Entertainment.
But a look back reveals a year of diverse ups and downs for an industry that has quickly become the wunderkind of the world.
Here & Now’s Lisa Mullins spoke with Kara Swisher of Re/code for a look into the year’s greatest tech moments.
- The iCloud hackers with stolen celebrity nudes
- Heartbleed, an epic web vulnerability
- Uber went from scrappy startup to global Goliath.
- The FCC got unusual time in the spotlight as the nation debated net neutrality.
- Wearables became the norm.
- Alibaba came to the U.S.
- #Gamergate came to every Twitter feed ever, whether you liked it or not.
Copyright 2021 NPR. To see more, visit https://www.npr.org.