Attorney General Gordon MacDonald

NHPR Photo

Investigators have identified a man found dead off the side of a road in Rindge.

They say the death of 20-year-old Brandon Chicklis, of Westminster, Massachusetts, is a homicide. The cause of death is being withheld pending further investigation.

The body was found off of Route 119 on Tuesday afternoon by a jogger. Chicklis was 20 to 40 feet from the roadside.

NHPR File Photo

 

The New Hampshire Attorney General's office says the Berlin man suspected of killing his wife has been found dead in Maine.

Police say 52-year-old Denis Bisson was found dead Friday night in Rumford, Maine. He died of an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

The AG says the body of Bisson's wife was found Friday at home. An autopsy determined that 43-year-old Angie Bisson died of a single gunshot wound to the head. The manner of death was ruled a homicide.

An arrest warrant for second-degree murder had been issued for Denis Bisson.

Dan Tuohy / NHPR

A woman died from a gunshot wound Tuesday night in Rochester, after an incident involving two groups of people in the area of South Main Street.

New Hampshire Attorney General Gordon J. MacDonald and Rochester Police Chief Paul Toussaint announced the investigation into the homicide case. On Thursday, police identified the shooting victim as Billy Jo Ahearn, 24, of Rochester.

Chief Medical Examiner Jennie V. Duval determined the yhomicide death was caused by a single gunshot. 

NHPR File Photo

New Hampshire's Attorney General's office says it has few details on a deal that could transfer ownership of Mount Sunapee Resort to Colorado-based Vail resorts.

When Vail resorts announced an agreement to buy Triple Peaks LLC, the company that owns the Sunapee Resort, Okemo Mountain in Vermont, and Crested Butte in Colorado, Vail said the land lease transfers for the properties in New Hampshire and Vermont will require permission from state regulators.

Google maps

State investigators are pursuing multiple leads in the shooting death of 36-year-old Jesse Jarvis outside a bar early Sunday morning in Claremont. No arrests have been made. 

Police were called at about 12:14 a.m. to the Imperial Buffet restaurant, which has an adjoining bar popular on weekend nights. 

According to the bar manager, Tony Zhang, Jarvis was just arriving on the property when he was shot in the parking lot. 

The state's chief medical examiner ruled Jarvis' death a homicide after performing an autopsy Monday afternoon. 

NHPR File Photo

 

New Hampshire's attorney general says the names of police officers investigated on suspicion of misconduct won't be added to a confidential state list if the allegations aren't supported.

Attorney General Gordon MacDonald said Monday two recent state supreme court decisions made clear that officers are entitled to due process regarding their placement on and removal from what was formerly known as the "Laurie List."

Britta Greene / NHPR

There will be no charges against a New Hampshire state trooper who shot and killed a 26-year-old man in Canaan in December.

Attorney General Gordon MacDonald announced Wednesday that Trooper Christopher O’Toole’s use of deadly force was legally justified. (The AG's full report is embedded at the end of this story.)

That’s because, according to O’Toole, Jesse J. Champney repeatedly said he had a gun and threatened to shoot. O’Toole was pursuing Champney on foot across a dark, snowy field after a car chase on Dec. 23.

Allegra Boverman for NHPR

  Gov. Chris Sununu just made two announcements on equity issues at the state level. The state Department of Justice is launching a new civil rights unit. And the governor is forming a new advisory council on diversity and inclusion.

 

Peter Biello, host of All Things Considered, speaks with Andrew Smith, who will be involved in the new state efforts. Smith works in the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services. He works with groups in New Hampshire after racial incidents occur.

 

  New Hampshire authorities announced an arrest Wednesday night in the homicide death of a 2-year-old Manchester boy.

Attorney General Gordon MacDonald and Manchester Police Chief Nick Willard said that Mark Heath of Manchester was arrested and charged with two counts of second-degree murder in the death of Jacob Pelletier.

Heath, 32, with a given address of 51 Howe St., second floor, allegedly caused the boy's death "by inflicting blunt force trauma to his abdomen," according to the charges cited by the AG.