Most Read Online
Mon February 6, 2012
Top Stories Read Online: America's Funeral Industry Sees New Life, New Planting Map
1) Word of Mouth: America's Funeral Industry Sees New Life - With demand for cremation, secular services, and environmentally friendly burials rising, funeral directors are adapting what could be called new end-of-lifestyle choices.
2) NHPR Morning Edition: New Planting Map Reflects Warmer Winters - The USDA recently released a new growing zone map for the entire country.
3) NH News: Court Shoots Down Key Pension Provisions - Public employees say they were awarded a significant victory in Superior Court. A judge has ruled that it’s unconstitutional to ask certain workers to pay more for their retirement.
4) Health: Lawmakers Consider State Monitoring Prescription Drugs (Again) - New Hampshire has one of the worst prescription drug abuse problems in the country. The state now ranks 5th in the nation for percentage of residents who abuse medications such as percocet, vicodin, and oxycodone, according to the Federal Centers for Disease Control.
5) StateImpact: The Ultimate Economic Guide To The 2012 NH Legislative Session - As the New Hampshire legislature begins whittling down a bevy of economy-related bills, we thought it would be helpful to offer you a brief, on-going roundup of key economic issues.
6) NH News: New Poverty Definition: Liquid Asset Poverty - A recently released report says when you look at poverty in terms of assets - not income - then a whole lot more of us are poor.
7) Health: State Wraps Up Bone Marrow Investigation: Slams UMass Memorial - UMass Memorial announced a settlement involving hundreds of thousands of dollars. But individuals touched by the scheme sense the hospital largely got off scott free.
8) North Country: Balsams' New Owners Look For A Fiscal Boost From Feds - The new owners of the Balsams are pulling together the money they need for a massive renovation. And, they hope federal programs will give them a big boost.
9) NH News: Court Ruling Protects Some Public Workers - Superior Court ruling found cuts to state's public pension system went too far.
10) Word of Mouth: Open Secret: A Search For Identity - Every family has its secrets. Few compare to the secret of the Licksteigs.
Word of Mouth - Segment
Bone marrow settlement