A federal judge has freed a Somali immigrant who was held for nine months in a New Hampshire jail without a hearing. The American Civil Liberties Union of New Hampshire contends Immigration and Customs Enforcement unlawfully detained 45-year-old Abdigani Faisal Hussein, of Portland, Maine, who was released from the Strafford County Jail on Thursday. Hussein entered the country lawfully in 1996 as a Somali refugee and became a permanent resident a year later. He is a tractor-trailer driver in...
- Golden Wins Nation’s First Ranked-Choice Voting Runoff For A Congressional Seat
- ACLU Sues Boston Police For Access To Gang Database
- Lawsuit Alleges Farmworkers Targeted For Activism With Surveillance, Informant
- Why One Lawyer Wants Elephants To Be Considered ‘Persons’
- The Surprising History Of New England’s Pirates