Eversource has lost a bid to buy a major water company in Connecticut. Shareholders at Connecticut Water voted overwhelmingly Friday to merge with California-based SJW Group. Eversource was competing with SJW to make the acquisition. The energy giant argued they'd offer more local control and a complementary service area. It would have been the company's second foray into the water business . Last year, Eversource purchased Aquarion, the biggest private water company in New England. An...
- Golden Wins Nation’s First Ranked-Choice Voting Runoff For A Congressional Seat
- ACLU Sues Boston Police For Access To Gang Database
- Lawsuit Alleges Farmworkers Targeted For Activism With Surveillance, Informant
- Why One Lawyer Wants Elephants To Be Considered ‘Persons’
- The Surprising History Of New England’s Pirates